Monday, February 01, 2010

Would you...

jump in the icy cold water of a pool for 5 minutes? Would you do it for $50? Because well, I totally did a little while ago. Mike has been taking cold showers for some time now and yesterday he decided to go jump in the cold pool. It was freezing, but he did it. Today he planned on doing it again, but this time, he asked me, what it would take for me to do it too.

I said $50... he then walked away (I should have followed him, to see where he got it from) and came back with the 50 bucks. I should have said $100... to late. We finished watching our tv show, then he went and changed into his swim trunks and asked if I was going to do it. I told him only if he was really going to give me the money. So I changed into my bathing suit and off we went to the pool, all bundled up.

Once I got there and touched the water, I really didn't think I could do it, it was freezing! I think I waited for about 10 minutes on the side of the pool, getting wet from the light rain and shaking from the coldness, before deciding to actually jump in. Once I was in, I just had to keep on moving, my whole skin felt all tingly and numb. Mike said the water was even colder today than it was yesterday, even though the outside temperature was warmer today.

So there you have it, I did it! Easiest $50 I've ever made, haha. Some benefits of cold water therapy include: keeping your blood pressure stabilized, stimulating the body to release endorphins, improving the body’s immune system by increasing white blood cell levels, etc. I'm sorry, but I'll do it again only for money, Mike can be the healthy one in this marriage :P

2 comments:

Rachel Elizabeth said...

There are a lot of things I would do for $50 and jumping in a very cold pool is surely one of them.

PS: What would you do for a Klondike bar?

Devon said...

hahaha... i would SO do that for $50...