Saturday, April 05, 2008

Sabado

I can't believe how fast this semester went by, it's almost over. I thought my final projects were due in two weeks, but I checked the syllabus for my classes and everything will be due in one week, yikes! I did write a paper for my History of Non-Western Art class today, I also started the background of my new paintings. I also did housework today, which I usually don't do on weekends. I even washed all my make-up brushes. I felt accomplished today. We did our usual week end errands, like go grocery shopping, Barnes and Noble and library. The hubby watched basketball and worked on his taxes.

Yesterday I went shopping with Paola. I was so lucky! I was looking for shoes and either a dress or shirt in plum, purple or lilac color. So I found a shirt at Dillard's on sale for $17! I was so excited, and it has different hues of purple. When I went and paid for it, it was only $10! I was beyond happy, it was my lucky day for sure! I never find stuff I'm looking for, especially not for that price. Then we went into Payless, because lets face it, I'm not a huge shoe fan, so I never spend money on shoes. But I saw some black peep-toe pumps, with a snake print a long time ago that I loved. Anyway, I saw them again yesterday on sale for only $7! And if that wasn't good enough, Paola had a $2 off coupon. Seriously, it was totally my day for shopping!

Oh yes, I forgot to mention the purpose of this shopping trip. My cousin and pretty much my best friend in Guadalajara, is getting married in a few weeks, and I'm going! I applied for my passport last Monday and should be getting it next week. Then I bought my plane ticket. I will be broke for the rest of the year, but it will be so worth it. I haven't been to Mexico in 2 yrs. My parents will also be there for the wedding , so our family will be complete, well except for the hubby, he gets to stay and work, it sucks. But it also means I'll spend Mothers Day with my mommy and all my aunts and cousins. It will be great! I'm also shooting my cousins wedding, which will be the first time I ever shoot a wedding, I'm excited and nervous. I'll be in Mexico for 3 weeks.

It was also a good bye (or for me, good BUY, haha!) shopping day with Paola because she is going back to Cancun. She said she'll try to be here for my graduation, and knowing her, she probably will.

The hubby also told me he was going to open up a Roth IRA account for me, which will make me feel like an adult...sort of. I'll actually pay more attention to finances and investing now that it will have my name on it.

Ok, time for bed.

No comments: