Thursday, January 01, 2009

Hello 2009!

I have abandoned this little blog of mine for a few days. I started writing an entry last night, but then a friend came over and we went to a new years eve party. I even drove! I'm still not comfortable driving all by myself though.

I've been pretty sad the past few days, I think I'm finally getting over it. We (mostly Mike), decided that we need to postpone trying to start our family until March or so, to see what happens with his job. He's worried that there may be layoffs. So the plan is for me to find a job and see what happens afterwards.

I know it's probably the responsible thing to do, but I just get so sad when things don't go the way I had planned them, especially having a baby. I wish my maternal instinct could have waited to kick in, because now that's all I can think about.

It also means that I probably won't have as much time to focus on my Etsy store. If I was selling around 2 paintings per day, maybe I wouldn't have to get a real job. I just hope I have time to continue painting once I find a job.

These are some of the changes or resolutions Mike and I have for this new year:

* I will now be in charge of the household budget.
* Start reading, and possibly attending, Shakespeare plays.
* Listen to classical music and learn about the composer a little bit.
* Start exercising by playing tennis, swimming and possibly yoga.
* Try to eat less desserts.

That's all I can think of for now, we've been pretty good with cooking healthy and natural. I painted this burrito yesterday, it reminds me of a picture I have when I was younger riding a donkey. Happy new year!!!

1 comment:

Candy Andy said...

::whines:: Awww...I wanna go to a plaaaaay.