Monday, January 11, 2010

Butter Pecan Cookies

These are probably the easiest cookies I've ever made. Simple and delicious! Yesterday I was in the mood for something with pecans and our usual cookbooks didn't have anything fast and easy... yes, I needed some instant gratification.

I was in a weird mood, probably caused by the fact that I fell over the opened door of my dishwasher. I hurt my shin, it was swollen and it bled a little, yes I'm a big wimp and well, it scared me, it still hurts...

Anyway, back to my cookies! I went online searching for a recipe and found this great one, thanks Martha Stewart! Here's the recipe taken from her website:


Ingredients:

-3/4 cup pecans
-1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
-1/3 cup sugar, plus more for coating
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-1 cup all-purpose flour

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a baking sheet, toast pecans until fragrant, about 6 minutes. Let cool completely; finely chop.

2. With an electric mixer, cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until light, about 1 minute. Beat in vanilla, salt, and flour, scraping down sides of bowl, just until dough comes together. Fold in pecans.

3. Separate dough into 12 pieces; squeeze dough to shape into balls. Roll in sugar. Place, 3 inches apart, on a baking sheet. Gently flatten with the bottom of a glass (reshape sides if necessary). Sprinkle with sugar.

4. Bake until golden brown, rotating sheet halfway through, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with more sugar. Cool cookies on a wire rack

(Makes 12 according to her instructions, but you can just make the balls smaller and keep an eye on them so they don't burn)

I actually had to hide ours because Mike wouldn't stop eating them, and well, we are still following a low carb diet supposedly he he. Enjoy!

3 comments:

RosaMaría said...

qué rico! se me antoja estar ya en casa y ponerme a hornear!
que tengas una linda semana!

Splendid Little Stars said...

totally yummy! must try!

Rachel Elizabeth said...

These look amazing. I'm saving the recipe for a rainy day when I feel like baking