Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Where do I start?

It's been almost 2 months since I last updated my blog, so lets see, where do I even begin?! The weekend of my birthday (Oct. 18th), my step dad was in town for work, so I got to spend some time with him. My friend Paola (she lives in Cancun) also surprised me and showed up at my house later that same week. A week after my step dad left, my mom got here.

My mom and I started to get crafty so we wouldn't get anxious waiting for baby to make an appearance. She helped me make some felt birds to hang in the nursery. We even made some felt ornaments for my etsy shop :) Once we were on a roll, we also made Christmas bird ornaments, they have cute little Santa hats on.


Weeks went by, I still felt great and even though it was almost my due date, I didn't feel any differently or like the little one wanted to come out anytime soon. Here's a picture of me and my friend Paola, I was 39 weeks I think, ready to pop!

I had two OB appointments once I was 40 weeks, one on a Monday called a biophysical profile, where they just listened to the babys heartbeat for 20 minutes, to make sure he was still doing alright, which he was. Later that same week on Friday they did the non stress test, which was an ultrasound to see how the baby was doing. Turns out I had low amniotic fluid.

I still think it's funny how the ultrasound technician said "looks like you might have your baby today", to which I responded: "I don't think so, I'm going to Ikea tomorrow". So after talking to my OB, she said that we had to induce. Mike and I were pretty much in shock, we just didn't expect things to happen this way.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Rachel Elizabeth said...

Love the little birds. Can't wait to hear more about your little boy. I'm going to check and see if there is another update.