Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Grain Free Banana Bread

I found this website with some yummy gluten free recipes. I changed her Banana Cake recipe with what I had on hand. It's always scary experimenting when baking, but this time I think it came out pretty good!


Banana Cake/Bread


  • 2 ¾ cups almond flour
  • ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ cup raw honey
  • ¼ cup coconut oil (warm)
  • 3 eggs, whisked
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 bananas (about one cup) mashed
  • ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
  1. In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, salt and baking soda
  2. In a smaller bowl, combine honey, eggs and vanilla, then stir in bananas and peanut butter.
  3. Mix wet ingredients into dry. Stir in coconut oil (Make sure you heat it up a bit so it doesn't become hard when it comes in contact with the cold ingredients.)
  4. Place batter in cake pan
  5. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes
  6. Remove from oven and allow to cool
It wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be, so when sliced, I drizzled it with a bit of maple syrup...perfect!

No comments: