Friday, July 18, 2008

Gesso nightmare

I woke up this morning in a good mood, drank my coffee and started to de-clutter around the house because I was going to clean the bathroom, vacuum, mop the floors, do laundry, etc. I decided to put my gallon of gesso away in a closet so it wouldn't just be sitting in my living room, where my easel and paints are. Anyway...BAD idea! I have no idea how I must of picked it up, because the thing fell and opened and exploded all over the carpet and some furnisher!

I panicked, I didn't know what to do first so I started to scoop it up with my hands and into the bucket, then I went and got some wet rags and started picking up all the excess gesso off the carpet. It also splattered all over hubby's new leather chair, I got that too, after doing that several times, I got the steam cleaner and did that for like 10 times, all while praying that it would all come off. I also scrubbed with a brush and went over it with the steam cleaner. All I can say is, thank God for that steam cleaner, I managed to get it almost completely off, you can't really see anything.

Hubby called me and I told him, he wasn't too worried about it, but if he would have seen it, he would have flipped the hell out, I can already imagine it, screaming going on, crying, more screaming, oh no, it would have been very bad. I was still shaky by the time we ate lunch, it was horrible. I'm also sore already from doing it over and over.

All this happening with no AC! It officially stopped working last night. RIP 20 year old AC. They are coming Tuesday morning to give us an estimate on a new AC, so we'll see what happens then. We might need to go to my mother in law's house this weekend to escape from this heat. We'll never ever be debt free...ever.

Geez what a horrible experience. On the bright side, at least it wasn't a gallon of red or blue or black, or, ok any dark color of paint, instead it was just white gesso. Have a great and cool weekend, while I melt away in this heat.

No comments: