Monday, August 23, 2010

Progress

Last time I blogged about our home improvements, I "thought" things were finally coming along, until the guy we decided to hire stopped returning our calls. We then had about 4 more companies come and give us estimates. Last week, we finally decided on a different contractor and they started working this last Wednesday, yay!

Our home renovations pretty much consists of: remodeling 2 bathrooms, fixing various little things through out the house, painting and changing the carpet. I can't even imagine what it will look like all finished! Too bad we can't afford to re decorate as well.


We had the hardest time picking out the dining room and bathroom vanity lights. Mike didn't like anything at the 2 big home improvement stores, so we searched online. Once we decided on the lights, it seemed like they were out of stock every where! I finally found them, so they better be here soon. We also had to order our new medicine cabinets online.

The next big decisions are going to be picking out the tile for our kitchen backsplash and the interior house paint colors... I'm not looking forward to the paint part.

Today was day 4 and they are almost done with the first bathroom, I'm really hoping they get the second bathroom finished by the end of this week. It's been driving me a little nuts having to be here all day "supervising" them, I feel so trapped. I'll post pictures once they get more things done :)

No comments: